What is empathy?
There’s a big difference between empathy vs sympathy and without fully understanding the meaning of empathy, leaders may be forgiven for believing they are being empathetic when they jump into problem solving mode or offer advice or condolences.
With a key focus on leaders being more empathetic when it comes to manage their people we explore the true meaning and what it really means to connect with another human being.
In this podcast episode we explore;
- What is empathy
- The difference between empathy and sympathy
- What do leaders need in order to be empathetic
- How the stress response prevents true connection
- The key role of self awareness
- Steps you can take to develop your levels of empathy as a leader