We talk to Menopause expert, Tania Elfersy on transforming menopause in women and the workplace.
Menopause is a really hot topic (no pun intended!) right now. In the UK particularly, there has been a lot of discussion – and fear – created by the recent Channel 4 documentary ‘Sex, Mind and the Menopause’ with Davina McCall.
A survey by the British Menopause Society has revealed that over 20% of the working women surveyed, reported that the menopause had affected their confidence at work. In the same survey, around half the women reported that the menopause had had an impact on their home life, and just over a third said it had affected their social life.
So it’s great to see a growing focus on raising awareness of the impact on women in the workplace, and how best to support women going through this sensitive time.
In addition, it’s also key to upskill managers in this area because Menopause is covered under the Equality Act 2010, on the grounds of sex, age or disability discrimination.
As such, we are seeing more organisations putting policies in place that cover menopause, but is it enough to suggest giving women control over the air conditioning unit in the office is the answer?
Whether you are a women or an organisational leader, tune into this brilliant interview with Tania Elfersy, Menopause Expert, to discover:
- Why hormones are not the problem!
- The nocebo effect of menopause
- Menopause and the stress response
- The wisdom of the body to manage this transition
- How women can change their experience of the menopause, which leads to symptom relief
- How you can change your experience of everything in life which will lead to a calmer, happier and stress free life