Mental Health Awareness For Managers Training
Do you want your managers to have the knowledge and confidence to address mental health issues with their team members?
Would you like your managers to know how to spot the signs of mental ill health in the workplace and know what action to take?
We hear you! With a background of 12 years in Human Resources we know why investing in management mental health training is crucial for your organisation – both for your employees and for your business.
Why is mental health awareness training for your managers so important for your business?
With 1 in 4 of your workforce struggling with mental health, there has never been a more crucial time to up-skill your managers in mental health awareness training. To provide them with the knowledge and the confidence to take earlier intervention with their team members.
Little belly aches soon become big belly aches that cost your business money.
Our management mental health training aims to equip your managers with the practical skills to address mental health and also contribute to….
– Lowering absence and cost of absence through early intervention
– Reducing presenteeism in the workforce
– Retaining your best talent
– Supporting your brand as an employer
– Protecting your business from potential mental health discrimination
– Creating a healthy happy workforce
We don’t expect your managers to become mini therapists. Instead we aim to provide managers with the knowledge, competence and confidence to know how to identify mental health disorders within their teams, and know how to take appropriate early intervention.
Our Management Mental Health Training gives your Managers…
- An overview of the common mental health disorders including stress, anxiety and depression
- The awareness of the mind and body and what’s at the heart of mental health conditions
- A clear understanding of the impact that mental ill health has on performance
- The soft skills to have great conversations about mental health with their team
- Clarity about the role and responsibility as a manager in addressing mental ill health
- Understanding of the Equality Act 2010 and discrimination on the grounds of mental ill health
- Practical ways to get their teams talking about mental health, creating a culture of wellbeing and lifting the stigma about mental health in the workplace
“Extremely valuable and insightful. Sara’s knowledge and skills and experience is tremendous”
“Greater understanding/awareness of recognising the signs of stress, anxiety and depression. Tangible actions/questions to use in the line management conversations”
“I found the training excellent and very pertinent to my role as a manager and also in my personal life. Sara’s knowledge and expertise is excellent and her delivery style is very warm, reassuring and encouraging”
“A really good, broad teaching overview which helped me as both a person/employee and a manager”