Making Wellbeing Strategic | Interview with David Blackburn
In this podcast we were truly blessed to be joined by David Blackburn. David is the Chief People Officer for the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and was recently awarded 3rd Most Influential HR Professional by HR Magazine in the UK for 2022!
David has been in HR for 25 years and shares with us his work around creating cultures that allow people to give their best every day.
Tune in as we unpack….
- What David has done to enable the FSCS to be recognised as the top 4th employer in the top 50 employers list of most inclusive employer
- His mantra on ‘how do we make it easier for people to be at their best every day’
- Why wellbeing in the workplace is a strategic investment to an organisation
- Where to start when it comes to implementing any wellbeing initiative
- Not taking action for actions sake when it comes to wellbeing
- Getting the C Suite involved in the wellbeing strategy
- What Mental Health First Aiders need to work safely and effectively
Sara Maude, a seasoned solution-focused psychotherapist, Transformational Coach, Hypnotherapist, and EFT Practitioner, brings over a decade of mental health expertise to global organisations. She specialises in conducting employee wellbeing webinars and offering tailored mental health awareness training for managers. Sara’s proficiency also extends to wellbeing consultancy and wellbeing strategy, contributing significantly to the enhancement of workplace mental health and overall wellbeing.