“Health is a state of complete physical mental and social well-being and is not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health is a resource for everyday life, not for the object of living. It is a positive concept emphasising social and personal resources as well as physical capabilities” World Health Organisation
Why is mental health awareness training important?
Mental health awareness training is often not seen as much of a priority as other forms of health and safety or absence management training because a lot of it goes under the radar.
However, without mental health awareness training, managers may find it much harder to identify mental health issues within their teams and take early intervention.
The state of mind of your employees influences how they;
• Think and feel about themselves
• Think about their future
• Think about others
• Interpret events
• Are able to learn
• Form, sustain and end relationships
• Cope with change, transition and life events
Most of the key factors needed for them to perform well in their jobs.
Mental health awareness training for managers
We don’t expect your managers to become mini therapists, but with 1 in 4 of your employees experiencing some form of mental health disorder in the year, giving your managers the knowledge, competence and confidence to spot mental health disorders in their teams and manage them well is vital for performance and productivity.
Mental health training will help your managers to;
- Gain a greater understanding of what mental health is and the effect on performance
- Enhance their existing management, observational and reflective listening skills
- Improve their competence and confidence to tackle mental health issues in their team
- Enable appropriate earlier intervention
- Improve their ability to manage absence more effectively
- Gain greater awareness of the appropriate interventions when managing mental health cases
Depending on your needs, our mental health awareness training courses can be broken into half day or full day courses.
To find out more information about how we can help to develop the knowledge and awareness within your managers to manage mental health in the workplace, please contact us today.