EAP (employee assistance programmes) have traditionally been used by organisations to provide a basic level of support to employees in the form of;
- Financial advice
- Child and eldercare information services
- Legal advice
- Information on workplace issues
- Short term counselling services
The average cost of an EAP service, according to the Employee Assistance Programme market watch, is around £14 per employee per year. If, for example, you are an organisation employing 250 people, the annual cost of the EAP service would be £3,500 per year.
This may not seem an excessive financial cost in the grand scheme of things. However, what return on investment (ROI) does that £3,500 actually provide to your organisation?
An EAP service is traditionally a reactionary service. The service provides help and assistance to employees who use the service in the form of telephone counselling or information.
Part of the success of the EAP being based on how many employees interact with the service and actually pick up the phone.
Whilst it may be viewed by many as an employee benefit, is it really giving your employee’s what they need, particularly on the health and wellbeing front?
In order to establish how your EAP service is giving tangible ROI in the field of health and wellbeing, pause for a moment and consider the following.
Does your EAP provider help your organisation to;
- Reduce the cost of absence by providing employees with proactive training and resources on how to build emotional, physical and mental resilience and wellbeing?
- Reduce absence figures overall by providing consistent advice and training to employees on what is needed to be a healthy, happy and energised individual?
- Improve employee engagement levels by having regular presence in the workplace in the form of on going resilience training?
- Improve the performance levels of your employee’s by teaching them exactly how to change the way they think, feel and behave on the inside so that they excel on the outside?
- Provide expert consultancy on how to develop and implement a comprehensive wellbeing strategy?
- Provide a comprehensive free health check for all your employees that can feed into a bespoke wellbeing training programme?
If you answered no to one or more of the above points, it may be time to question whether you need a different approach.
By giving your employees the knowledge, tools and resources to develop long term emotional, physical and mental resilience, you are proactively and strategically ensuring the right ROI for your organisation.
Talk to us today about how we can create affordable wellbeing and resilience training programmes that deliver measurable ROI for your employees and your organisation.