Courageous Conversations and how to have them
As the focus on wellbeing in the workplace continues to gain momentum and conversations around mental health are encouraged, it can be tricky for managers to know what they can ask individuals, and what’s off limits when it comes to mental illness.
It can be one thing to be courageous in tackling mental illness and another to ask great questions that lead to great outcomes.
This can potentially result in managers shying away from asking relevant questions about mental illness or not tackling the topic at all for worry their questions may seem intrusive, or simply not knowing where to start.
So how do you have a courageous conversation about mental illness?
Come along to this seminar to….
- Learn how solution focused questions can transform a conversation
- Understand the boundaries of personal questions when tackling mental illness in the workplace
- Gain views and advice from fellow HR professionals of their experience
- Help you identify what your managers need to have great conversations around mental health
Date: Tuesday 21 November 2017
Time: Arrival from 7.45am and kick off at 8.00am. The event will run until 09.15am with time after for networking. Refreshments will be provided.
Location: 9a Torphichen Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8HX
- We only have 12 places for this complimentary event, so booking is essential! To secure your place, please email us at email@example.com
- The group is exclusively for HR professionals and those who work in a similar role i.e. Wellbeing Managers; Organisational Development; and SME Business Owners
- Tea/coffee and a light (healthy!) snack will be provided
- Arrival must be prior to 8.00am
- The dress code is business smart/casual
Join our ‘Workplace Health and Wellbeing Master Mind Group’
- Do you work in the field of Human Resources, Learning & Development, or are you responsible for employee wellbeing in your organisation?
- Would you find it beneficial to share best practice with your peers, on how to get employee wellbeing and mental health onto your organisations strategic agenda?
- Would you like to expand your knowledge of mental health and how this impacts your employees performance, engagement and your organisations bottom line?
- Do you want to be part of a leading edge proactive industry group committed to developing the health, happiness and resilience of workforces across the UK?
Based in Edinburgh, this mastermind group is exclusively for HR professionals, and those in similar roles, from across all industries to join forces and share best practice of workplace health and wellbeing.
Each event will take a different look at the areas related to workplace health and wellbeing including;
- Where to start in defining your workplace health and wellbeing strategy
- What’s the cost of doing nothing when it comes to mental health
- Building a commercial business case for employee wellbeing
- Why time off can be the last thing employees struggling with mental health need
- How to align your employee health and wellbeing strategy with the business
- How to create a mentally healthy workplace
Run as a breakfast event (when your creative juices are at their most fluid!), the event will combine an opportunity to network; share best practice; look at case studies of where wellbeing has been been a success; hear from key note speakers; and extend your knowledge of workplace wellbeing and mental health.